Mindful Eating is a healthy spiritual practice.
“I cannot control everything in my life, but I can control what I put into my body” ~ Unknown
What is Mindful Eating ?
Mindful eating is the practice of paying attention to the food. we put into our body. A kind of intentional living where we are aware of the food we consume moment by moment, without judgment.It is an approach to food that focuses on individuals’ sensual awareness of the food and one’s experience of the food. It has little to do with calories, carbohydrates, fat, or protein.
What are the 7 ways to practice mindful eating?
- Honor and be grateful for the food on the table.
- Eat plant based food for your health and for the planet. You can read all about seasonal produce and the benefits of eating it here.
- Engage all your six senses. Pay attention to the sounds, colors, smells and textures and your mind’s response to them, not just the taste.
- Serve in modest portions. A minimalist approach to food is good on your health and your pocket. Eat in small portions.
- Savor small bits, and chew thoroughly aids in digestion and helping us savor the taste of food.
- Eat slowly and avoid overeating. Eat until you are 80% full says Chinese medicine, so you have enough room for digestion.
- Don’t skip meals.Don’t eat “Hangry” which will make you graze food from one to another without really paying attention to what you eat. Eat your meals at the same time each day, to help your body settle into a consistent rhythm.
Your body is your temple.Keep it pure, clean and healthy for your soul to reside in. Eat mindfully. Stay healthy.
Are you keeping track of your new year resolutions to stay fit & healthy each day ? Sign up here to get your FREE habit tracker! If you are still working on setting new habits for the new year here, is my E-book that you might find very helpful.