Your Talent determines what you can do. Your Motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your Attitude determines how well you do it.
~ Lou Holtz
Table of Contents
What is Super Bowl?
The Super Bowl is played between mid- January and early February each year. It is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL).
It is the culmination of a regular season that begins in the late summer of the previous year.
When was the first game played?
It was agreed that the two champion teams would begin playing in an annual AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the merger officially began in 1970.
The first game was played on January 15, 1967 after both leagues had completed their respective 1966 seasons.
After the merger, each league was re-designated as a “conference”, and the game has since been played between the conference champions to determine the NFL’s league champion.
The NFL restricts the use of its “Super Bowl” trademark, and it is frequently referred to as the “big game” or other generic terms by non-sponsoring corporations.
Who holds the most Super Bowl Championship titles?
The New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers have the most Super Bowl championship titles with six each. The Patriots have the most Super Bowl appearances with 11. The National Football Conference (NFC) leads the league with 27 wins to 26 wins for the American Football Conference (AFC).
As of 2023,
List of Most Super Bowl Wins by Team
- T1) New England Patriots (6)
- T1) Pittsburgh Steelers (6)
- T3) San Francisco 49ers (5)
- T3) Dallas Cowboys (5)
- T5) Green Bay Packers (4)
- T5) New York Giants (4)
- T7) Denver Broncos (3)
- T7) Los Angeles / Oakland Raiders (3)
Super Bowl Facts
- This game is the second-largest day for U.S. food consumption, after Thanksgiving Day.
- The game has frequently been the most-watched American television broadcast of the year; the seven most-watched broadcasts in American television history are Super Bowls.
- In 2015, Super Bowl XLIX became the most-watched American television program in history with an audience of 114.4 million viewers, the fifth time in six years that the game had set a record.
- The game is also among the most-watched sporting events in the world, and is second to the UEFA Champions League final as the most watched annual sporting event worldwide.
- Commercial airtime during the Super Bowl broadcast is the most expensive of the year because of the high viewership, leading to companies regularly developing their most expensive advertisements for this broadcast. Watching and discussing the broadcast’s commercials has become a significant aspect of the event.
- Popular singers and musicians have performed during the event’s pre-game and halftime ceremonies.
( Source : Wikipedia)
Why is Super Bowl played on a Sunday?
For the past 56 years, every game has had one thing in common: They’ve all been played on a Sunday.
When asked, “So why won’t the league play the Super Bowl on a Saturday?NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell answered,” Basically, it comes down to one main thing and that main thing is television ratings.The reason we haven’t done it in the past is simply just from an audience standpoint. The audiences on Sunday night are so much larger. Fans want to have the best opportunity to be able to see the game and we want to give that to them, so Sunday night is a better night.”
With the game on a Sunday, the Super Bowl has produced nine of the 10 most-watched television shows in history.
(Source :CBS Sports)
Who are the players contesting in 2023?
Super Bowl LVII is the upcoming American football championship game of the National Football League for the 2022 NFL season.
It will be played between the American Football Conference champion Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football Conference champion Philadelphia Eagles
Venue, Date,Time & Details :
Venue : State Farm Stadium
Date: Sunday, February 12, 2023
Who is performing the half time show ?
Why it matters:
Rihanna, one of the biggest pop artists of the past two decades, has been absent from the music scene since her 2016 album “Anti.”
- Instead, she has been busy becoming the youngest self-made billionaire woman.
- Rihanna made the Forbes’ Billionaires List for the first time in April 2022.
What they’re saying: “Rihanna is a generational talent, a woman of humble beginnings who has surpassed expectations at every turn,” said artist Jay-Z in a statement.
- “A person born on the small island of Barbados who became one of the most prominent artists ever. Self-made in business and entertainment.”
Of note: This will be the first year Apple Music, the NFL and Roc Nation will team up for the Super Bowl halftime show. Roc Nation has helped produce four Super Bowl halftime shows, per Forbes.
Super Bowl LVII: Who is singing the national anthem?
Grammy Award-winner Chris Stapleton is scheduled to sing the national anthem before the game kicks off. Stapleton has won 15 Country Music Association awards and 10 Academy of Country Music awards, according to the NFL.
- “CODA” actor Troy Kotsur will perform the national anthem in American Sign Language.
The Navy will conduct a flyover with women aviators as part of the formation during the national anthem as a way to celebrate 50 years of women flying for the Navy, the NFL said.
From pizza to chips and wings to beer, Super Bowl Sunday is known for its food! After Thanksgiving, Americans will consume the most amount of food on Super Bowl Sunday.
That being said, some of us are ardent fans of the game, while many of us are in there for the food and the commercials! Do you agree?
If you haven’t got it yet, well by now you know which one we lean into most.
This year, would you try watching Super Bowl with an Indian twist on food being served ?
Go on, dig in!
In the end it’s all about the food, people.Really!
Who you shared it with while making memories, while eating good food…and we deliver!