Your Talent determines what you can do. Your Motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your Attitude determines how well you do it. ~ Lou Holtz
What is Super Bowl ?
The Super Bowl is the annual championship game of the National Football League (NFL) played between mid-January and early February. It is the culmination of a regular season that begins in the late summer of the previous year.
When was the first game played?
The game was created as part of the merger agreement between the NFL and its rival the American Football League (AFL). It was agreed that the two champion teams would begin playing in an annual AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the merger officially began in 1970.
The first game was played on January 15, 1967 after both leagues had completed their respective 1966 seasons. After the merger, each league was re-designated as a “conference”, and the game has since been played between the conference champions to determine the NFL’s league champion.
The NFL restricts the use of its “Super Bowl” trademark, and it is frequently referred to as the “big game” or other generic terms by non-sponsoring corporations.
Who holds the most Super Bowl Championship titles?
The New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers have the most Super Bowl championship titles with six each. The Patriots have the most Super Bowl appearances with 11. The National Football Conference (NFC) leads the league with 27 wins to 26 wins for the American Football Conference (AFC).
Super Bowl Facts
- The Super Bowl is the second-largest day for U.S. food consumption, after Thanksgiving Day.
- The Super Bowl has frequently been the most-watched American television broadcast of the year; the seven most-watched broadcasts in American television history are Super Bowls.
- In 2015, Super Bowl XLIX became the most-watched American television program in history with an audience of 114.4 million viewers, the fifth time in six years that the game had set a record.
- The Super Bowl is also among the most-watched sporting events in the world, and is second to the UEFA Champions League final as the most watched annual sporting event worldwide.
- Commercial airtime during the Super Bowl broadcast is the most expensive of the year because of the high viewership, leading to companies regularly developing their most expensive advertisements for this broadcast. Watching and discussing the broadcast’s commercials has become a significant aspect of the event.
- Popular singers and musicians have performed during the event’s pre-game and halftime ceremonies.
( Source : Wikipedia)
Why is Super Bowl played on a Sunday?
For the past 52 years, every Super Bowl has had one thing in common: They’ve all been played on a Sunday.
When asked, “So why won’t the league play the Super Bowl on a Saturday?NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell answered,” Basically, it comes down to one main thing and that main thing is television ratings.The reason we haven’t done it in the past is simply just from an audience standpoint. The audiences on Sunday night are so much larger. Fans want to have the best opportunity to be able to see the game and we want to give that to them, so Sunday night is a better night.”
With the game on a Sunday, the Super Bowl has produced nine of the 10 most-watched television shows in history.
(Source :CBS Sports)
Which are the teams playing Super Bowl 2021?
Super Bowl LV, the 55th Super Bowl and the 51st modern-era National Football League championship game, will decide the league champion for the 2020 NFL season. The American Football Conference champion Kansas City Chiefs will play the National Football Conference champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Date: February 7, 2021