It had rained nonstop, for almost a week now…. aching to get out in nature and enjoy the beautiful Fall colors, I was glad to see, it had stopped raining this evening, though the rain clouds seemed to hang low. Not wasting another minute indoors, I ventured out bravely soaking in all that fresh air especially after the rains. The grass and the fallen leaves were soaked in rain water, yet those that remained on the tree top, stood proudly flaunting their crowning glory.Soul food for the nature lover in me……
So many shades of red and yellow and green, I was certain the creator was an artist to begin with, how else could he come up with such varying hues, I thought as I continued to walk.
There is an unspoken beauty about Fall season, it leaves you speechless in its magic, all you can do is soak in it….
Feeling completely content and inspired to create ,after that invigorating walk, I set about preparing something spicy, the first thing that came to mind was the packet of frozen shrimp in my freezer….. I fiddled with the idea of creating something with the shrimps,thinking about all the different recipes, I have used shrimp/prawns in, in the past.Here is the list of the different recipes, I have tried with shrimp/prawns……
- Malaysian Butter Prawns :Here is the link to my recipe published earlier…https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2013/10/24/malaysian-butter-prawns/
- Sweet and Sour Prawns : Here is the link…https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/08/19/sweet-sour-prawns/
- Spicy Skewered Prawns : Yup, I have tried that too, here is the link…..https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/06/08/spicy-skewered-prawns/
- Shrimp Stuffed Tamales : Another innovative dish I had tried with shrimps in the past, here is the link ……https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2014/05/03/shrimp-stuffed-tamales/
- Malabar Spinach and Prawn Gravy : Another traditional dish from my homeland, here is the link…..https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/10/15/malabar-spinach-n-prawn-gravy-basale-yetti-gravy/
- Prawn and Mint Pulav : Yup, another yummy rice dish to try, here is my link…..https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/05/31/prawn-mint-pulao/
- Methi/Fenugreek Prawn Masala : Another yummy dish with prawns & methi/fenugreek, here is the link……https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/04/06/methi-fenugreek-prawn-masala/
- Prawn Tikka Masala : Can be a starter or a side dish, leaving you craving for more, here is my link….https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/03/30/prawn-tikka-masala/
- Spicy Prawn Masala : Spicy and tasty dish to beat the cold, here is my link…..https://stirringmyspicysoul.com/2012/03/25/spicy-prawn-masala/
So you can tell, by the list of recipes I have used prawn/shrimp in, it is one of my favorite seafood, so this evening I wanted to try yet another dish using shrimp/prawns and came up with this aromatic rice dish cooked with spicy prawns called “Jinga Biryani “/ Shrimp / Prawn Biryani, easy to prepare with ingredients in your pantry, yet satisfying in its deliciousness on a rain soaked cold Fall day…what better way to warm your insides? Go ahead and give it a try, you are sure to ask for a second or third helping.
Enjoy your Shrimp Biryani, a spicy treat you give yourself in the warm confines of your sweet home, nothing like home food cooked with love.