Why is it important to have motivation?
Sshhh, it’s the secret sauce that allows you to create your destiny.
“Motivation is like bathing, you have to do it every day. Without motivation, you will never have the drive to take action, and without action, you can never reach your goals and live your dreams.”
~ Zig Ziglar
How do you define Motivation?
Motivation is the driving force that pushes you to take action, in spite of your fear or lack thereof. At its core, motivation is the reason why you act or behave in a certain way.
“Motivation is the the process by which activities are started, directed, and sustained so that certain needs are met.Needs can be psychological (eg: needing validation) or physical (eg: needing food).The idea is that motivation is what guides us to accomplish a goal.” says the Psychologist’s definition.
Better Help: How Do Psychologists Define Motivation?
Why is Motivation Important?
- Knowing your why’s and what’s gives you a sense of direction.When you have a vision and your daily actions are directed towards aligning to that vision, you invariably succeed.
- Motivation slaps fear right on the face.How so? We all know that, fear can keep us paralyzed sometimes. When we learn to use that fear as a tool to motivate us to move forward, “doing the thing we are most afraid of doing” we truly attain success.
- When life tries to convince us that the game is over, motivation will be in your corner, cheering you (your personal cheerleader) on and reminding you to not give up.Motivation helps us bounce forward from setbacks.We each have our own struggles, no one path is easy.
How to succeed in life with motivation?
- Living on Purpose – Find the things that makes you come alive inside, do more of that. Don’t beat a dead horse doing a routine just b’coz someone else is doing it too. Do something b’coz it feels good to you, regardless of what people think.
- Dedicate your time to Self Mastery- each day learn something new.Be curious.Self- Mastery is all about becoming, It is not the end goal.Don’t stagnate in your “comfort zone” if you want to grow as a person.
- Share your gifts with the world.Share what you learnt. There is a joy in giving, you will never know it until you actually start giving.
- Be clear on your Why’s.Ask yourself, “What is it that I love to do?”Do more of that.It’s Ok to stumble, fall & be down for a while, just don’t stay there.Get up & move onward!
- Find an accountability partner, someone who keeps you on track so you don’t loose your momentum.Believe me when you know that someone is counting on you, be it your child, a friend, your soul mate you will be motivated to win & win big at that! There will be days when you don’t feel your 100%, it is then that you need to step up and look at your “Why”.
- Success is a journey, it doesn’t happen in one day. Honor the process, celebrate your small wins. The “feel good factor” is important to celebrate, only then do we feel energized & take pride in our achievements.
- How you start your day sets the tone for the day is my biggest belief.Create a morning ritual that nourishes your body (Coffee anyone? ) soul (nature walks) & mind ( inspiring quotes is my energy booster!). Over time, you will start to notice that your focus, energy, productivity levels, and self-esteem will improve. with these habits.
The world is waiting for your gifts. Make your setbacks your comebacks!
Motivate yourself each day and start creating a life of your dreams!