This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see our disclosure for more details.
Essential Tools for making a salad
Here is a list of kitchen tools for making a salad.Having the right kitchen tools and equipment, while making salads helps save time and maintain cleanliness and orderliness of our kitchen.
Some of the essential tools (and equipments) for making salads, listed below help us, chop, slice and neatly mince raw vegetables, fruits and ingredients. This not only makes our work easy, it also helps us maintain a mess free kitchen.
The Back Story
Ever since I discovered the joy of eating salads, I literally include it every day as part of our menu. Not only is it healthy, I need not worry about adding more calories anymore.
Apart from the above, there are some additional advantageous too.
- Salads are quick and easy to prepare.
- Can be made with a handful of ingredients
- Tastes unbelievable delicious and refreshing
So why not?
Having said. that, I am stickler for cleanliness and I abhor a messy kitchen. Having the right kitchen tools and equipment not only makes life easy, it also aids in a clean and non- messy kitchen.The time you spend chopping, dicing and mincing ingredients can be saved and what’s more your kitchen stays clean through it all.
A win-win any way you see it.
If you are like me who enjoys healthy food, a good salad and a clean kitchen , read on to invest wisely in the tools and equipment you use everyday in your kitchen.
You are welcome!
Problems encountered while making a salad
We all know that salads are healthy, but when it comes to preparing them regularly, have you noticed you spend too much time doing prep work?
Perhaps things like,
- Cutting your veggies the wrong size
- Washing and drying your greens for the salad/salad spinner
- Using a small for mixing the salad ingredients
- Evenly distributing the vinaigrette with the greens/tongs
- Adding high water content fruits and veggies while preparing ahead
- Serving the salad
Rest easy, we have a solution to solve all these problems you encounter while preparing a salad in your kitchen.Our list of products below, will make preparing salads a breeze from now on. You will not only save time, you will also have a clean kitchen by the end of it all.
We guide you step by step by explaining to you about each product and how and where it can be used in your kitchen.You will also learn about the different features available in these kitchen tools and gadgets, which will help save you time and stress.
List of Best Kitchen Tools for making Salads
The first step in making a salad is to peel the veggies and fruits. This peeler set helps you save time by helping you peel your veggies and fruits faster.Our favorite choice, when it comes to doing the job efficiently is this peeler set which has helped us immensely in our own kitchen, while preparing salads.
- This Peeler set comes with 3 types of sharp stainless steel blades swivel, serrated and julienne with comfortable handles.
- Removes just the peel without digging into fruit beneath
- Swivel and Serrated peelers have built in potato eyer
- Julienne peeler easily creates julienne strips
- Serrated Peeler has a sharp, serrated stainless steel blade to easily peel waxy and slippery fruits and vegetables like peaches, plums, tomatoes, zucchini and more.
Now that your veggies are peeled and ready to go, we need to think of a sharp knife to chop/dice these veggies right? Our choice is this sharp knife set.Not just for vegetables, but has multiple use in the kitchen.
- It can not only meet your chopping, mincing, slicing needs, but also improve your cooking experience
- It includes 8”Chef Knife, 8”Bread Knife, 7”Nakiri Knife, 7”Santoku Knife, 5”Utility Knife, 3.5”Paring Knife and a wooden block
- The wooden block is also suitable to ensure your knives are well organized and razor sharp, keeping your kitchen clean
- Comes with a life time warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
With the sharp knife ready to go, we need a cutting board to place the vegetables and fruits for chopping and mincing right? Our favorite is this one here.
- Bamboo cutting boards are anti-microbial in that the bamboo prevents any bacterial growth and odors
- This meal prep cutting board helps minimize kitchen clean-up and maximize convenience.
- This set offers everything you need to wash, cut, clean, strain, and store, be it on sink or counter top
- The smartly designed cutting station allows you to simultaneously cut and slide your steak, vegetable, fruits, or meat into containers that can be stacked, air tight and ready for storage or transport
- Bamboo cutting boards are eco-friendly, thus help us live in a better world with lesser environmental impact
When you’re done peeling and chopping your veggies, you’re going to need this scrape shovel
to scoop and transfer your chopped food into a salad bowl or into the containers of your cutting board above.
- It offers easy scraping and slicing
- Ribbed handle fits securely in your hand for a firm grip when scooping, transferring or slicing foods
- Bench scrapers are an essential kitchen prep tool for a variety of baking and cooking needs
- Dishwasher safe
What if you don’t enjoy chopping your vegetables? No worries. This smart all in one Food chopper will do it for you.Saves time! All you have to do, is place the veggies in the chopper, close and press-Done! How easy is that?
- Comes with 4 interchangeable blades, that lets you julienne, chop and slice vegetables with ease
- Rust resistant blades that snap in and out with ease. Cut potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and more
- Soft grip handle with rubberized tip enhances leverage while the non-skid base ensures stability during use
- Easy to clean and store
Gone are the days when you had to clean your greens and set them up on your kitchen towel to dry, before you could add them in your salad. This salad spinner does all that for you.Simply press and watch it spin, to get the job done. Easy- peasy right? We told you so!
How do we know? Tried and tested!
- Easy, one handed operation with patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Soft, non slip knob locks down for storage, and a non slip ring and wide base keep bowl steady on countertop
- Elegant, clear bowl is perfect for serving, and basket can be used separately as a colander
- Easy to clean (dishwasher safe) and store
- Capacity 6.22 Qt bowl, 4.95 Qt basket, Dimensions 10.5 inch x 10.5 inch x 6 inch
- Recommended by America’s Test Kitchen
Using a sharp micro grater like this one here, helps collect zest from citrus fruits .The citrus zest always add a lovely flavor to salad dressings.
- Zest or grate citrus fruits, chocolate, garlic, ginger and hard cheeses
- Sharp, etched stainless steel grating surface for fast, easy zesting and grating
- Convenient cover keeps grating surface and Hands protected when not in use
- Non-slip foot provides control while grating
- Soft, non-slip handle for a comfortable grip
Salads need not be made using just raw veggies. Not everyone can tolerate raw foods due to digestive issues.
Some prefer warm salads or partly cooked salad, especially in winter. Eating a bowl of cold raw veggies just doesn’t cut it when the weather is cold.
Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, beets can all be steamed using a steamer like this, and then tossed in with a dressing to make a warm winter salad.
- Can be used for dual purpose as Dutch oven with glass lid and steamer
- Comes with stainless steel steamer set and inserts
- Easy to clean and store
When it comes to serving your salad, nothing can do it better than these easy to clean stainless steel salad tongs. Wait! That’s not all.Have you ever tasted which was not mixed properly and the salad dressing did not coat all the ingredients evenly? Guess what these salad tongs help with that too.We mean mixing the salad ingredients well!
- The ergonomic designed salad serving tong , open and close easily, makes holding comfortable without slippage, even your hand is wet or greasy.
- Can be used daily to pick up bread, salad, cake, steak etc
- Easy to clean and carry.
These oblong wooden salad servers are eco- friendly and are made of high quality acacia wood.Ease to clean and compliments our various salad bowl options.
- The long and elegant handles ensure that they can reach the depth of salad bowls with ease, without creating a mess in our hands.
- Wooden servers don’t scratch our ceramic, glass or non- stick container surfaces, while mixing or serving, which is a big plus when it comes to long lasting scratch free vessels in the kitchen.
- Hand wash only
When you are ready to serve , place your salad in this eye-catching oval glass salad bowl and be ready to get complimented by your guests.
- Beautiful Salad bowl in glass features flat edges and the inside of the bowl has a rounded curve where it sits on the bottom oak trivet
- Oak base is easy to remove so the bowl can be cleaned
- Bowl is 8.67″ diameter and 5.9″ high
- Perfect for Salad, fruit or side dishes
- Bowl is dishwasher safe
- Clean the oak trivet clean with a damp cloth and oil regularly to keep it’s luster
When it comes to storing fresh produce or meal prepping ahead to save time with fresh produce, there is nothing to beat these convenient and reliable produce savers.In our busy lives, we don’t have enough time each day to cut and chop vegetables and fruits, or let them go waste after spending valuable dollars buying them.
The easy solution is to store them in these produce savers, where they last 80% longer than just placing them in the refrigerator.Check for yourselves when you buy them. You can thank us later for saving you time and dollars!
- Set of 3 includes one 6.3 cup and two 17.3 cup containers with lids
- Save money, food, and trips to the grocery stores
- CrispTray helps keep moisture away from produce to reduce spoilage
- FreshVent technology regulates flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide for the ideal produce environment; Vent filter never needs to be replaced
- Completely dishwasher safe
- BPA free
For making dressings
“From salad dressings, all blessings flow!”
A homemade dressing always tastes better than the store bought bottled versions, filled with sodium and preservatives, don’t you agree?
It takes so little to make an amazing dressing for your salad.You just need a handful of kitchen tools to turn your salad dressing into a party favorite.
Here are some of them…
Most salads have a dressing containing lemon/citrus. The best way to juice fresh lemons is with manual lemon juicer or press.You can even squeeze juice from small oranges with this citrus press.We ensure you that it will squeeze out every last drop in the fruit.
- This 2-in-1 lemon press/lime press can juice limes, large lemons and even small sized oranges
- Gets more juice out of each fruit and you also will have no seeds in your juice
- Easy-to-use and easy-to-store , even a kid can use this citrus press
- Dish-washer friendly.
To make a salad flavorful, adding minced/pressed garlic goes a long way.Nothing can be more handy when it comes to ease of use than this garlic press. The large chamber ensures you can add 2-3 garlic cloves at the same time to press.The cleaner attached to it ensures that the garlic peels are cleaned out faster without getting a garlicky smell on our fingers while cleaning.
- Large-capacity garlic chamber
- Efficient hole pattern maximizes amount of garlic pressed
- Built-in cleaner pushes out garlic peels
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip handles absorb pressure while squeezing
- Dishwasher safe
If you are looking to whisk up creamy thick salad dressing in small quantities, then this one is for you. You can use this for frothing your coffee as well, but our suggestion is to use a different one for each.
- Hand held, battery powered
- Can be used to froth milk or for preparing thick creamy salad dressings
This salad dressing shaker helps emulsify the dressing ingredients together blending them into a homogenous mix.You may use it just before serving, or if you want to prepare it ahead and store it in the fridge to use just before you serve the salad, this is a great kitchen tool to have in your arsenal.
- Ideal for making, mixing, serving and storing dressings, sauces and marinades
- Wide opening accommodates a range of ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups capacity
- Airtight, watertight, leakproof seal
- One-handed open/close lever flips back to pour and forward to seal
- Dishwasher safe,BPA free
- Recommended by Cooks Illustrated
Why are kitchen tools and utensils important in preparing salad?
Kitchen equipment is a great help in maintaining the cleanliness or orderliness in the kitchen. Some of these equipments could help the cook : chop, slice, and neatly mince raw ingredients, making it easy to maintain a mess free kitchen.
What tool is used in holding or serving salad?
Mixing bowl is the tool used to hold ingredients for mixing or tossing salad.
Mixing bowls can be made from a variety of different materials like glass, stainless or wood
Why is it important to use different cutting boards?
Using different cutting boards for veggies, meats, bread and cheese helps prevent cross contamination, keep us and the food we eat healthy.
What is the best container to keep salad fresh?
Storing greens in a salad spinner in the refrigerator is best.But if there is not enough room in the refrigerator or if you don’t own a salad spinner, you may use a produce saver for the same. Once the greens are washed line the producer saver with paper towels, and dump the greens in them till ready to use.
The Bottom Line
Equipped with the list of kitchen tools and gadgets we have provided for you in this post, we hope you go on to making healthy salad recipes this season.
If you enjoyed this post and found it valuable or know of friends and family who would love these helpful suggestion, please feel free to share our blogpost with them on social media. Remember to tag us in your shares with#stirringmyspicysoul
If you enjoyed this post , please leave a comment below to help us understand how you found our blogpost useful.We would love to hear from you!