Pumpkin Buns/Rolls : Soft, warm, healthy, delightful treats that will steal the spotlight on your Thanksgiving table.They are quick & easy to make. They are made plain, spiced or with filling inside.It need not always be about the turkey, right?
Table of Contents
My fascination with Pumpkins
The big, round, orange gourd has always sparked joy in my Fall-loving heart. Perhaps, it started with the Great pumpkin story of Charlie Brown ?Perhaps it’s associated with the nostalgia of beautiful Fall memories. There is unexplainable joy in visiting a pumpkin patch in Fall, carving a pumpkin, pumpkin spiced drinks, pumpkin pies & more. Did you know pumpkin seeds are mood boosters?
I love pumpkins!
How the Pumpkin bun came to be on our Thanksgiving table this year
Each year, around this time when the weather outside gets cold & the baking season begins, I like to experiment with a new recipe. This year, I was fascinated by these cute pumpkin rolls I saw on the net & wanted to try making them. They were so easy to make & tasted delicious.
Fluffy, warm, soft deliciousness dipped in a spicy gravy is our new addition to an Indian inspired Thanksgiving menu this year.
How to make Pumpkin Buns/Rolls ?
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories712
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 46g 71%
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Cholesterol 8mg 3%
- Sodium 2373mg 99%
- Potassium 317mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate 70g 24%
- Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 10g 20%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
What are the variations you can use while making Pumpkin buns?
- Pumpkin buns can be made with stuffing like sweetened cheese or sweet halwa. Check out my chicken stuffed buns here.You can use any stuffing you like, sweet, vegetables, meat etc.
- Adding eggs to the dough makes it more richer & tastier, is what I am told. I personally have not tried it, since I am allergic to eggs.
- Brushing the buns with egg wash or cream gives them a richer & golden brown exterior.
- Maple syrup or honey can be used in place of brown sugar/sugar.
- One can use All purpose flour, Whole wheat flour or Self rising flour in different combinations or alone for the dough.
Are you going try making some at home for friends & family? It’s a lot of fun to try different variations during the holiday season.The kids and the grown ups would love these soft, comforting snacks as a side or a starter at any festive gathering. Go give it a try!
Links to my other posts on gratitude
- The attitude of gratitude
- What are you grateful for this month?
- What do our pets teach us about gratitude?
- Choose to be grateful
- Give thanks!
- How to be thankful, when life hurts?
- A Thanksgiving meal with an Indian inspired menu
- Turkey cupcakes for Thanksgiving
- How to make Pumpkin rolls/Buns?
- Be Thankful for the strength
- How to show gratitude
- Happy Thanksgiving!