Choosing Radish :
- For best taste chose the ones that are about the size of a ping pong ball.
- If the leaves are still attached, make sure they are green, stiff & healthy and not yellow, slimy or wilted.
- Choose the bright vibrant colored ones and not those that look dull & pale.
- Their skin should be smooth and free of wrinkles, knobs or cracks.
- Avoid radish bulbs that have brown or black spots on them.
- Choose the ones that look heavy for their size. This simply means they are extra juicy and healthy.
Storing Radish :
- Remove leaves and store in refrigerator.
- Place into plastic bags that is sealed but not airtight.
- They last up to 5 weeks, when stored well in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator.
Preparing Radish :
- Slice off the roots and leaves, wash and pat.
- Radishes are served whole, sliced, diced, minced, and/or grated, depending on the recipe.
- Cook radishes to temper their bitter flavor.
Sharing links to my published posts using radish, for your interest :
For more tips on ‘How to Choose, Store & Prepare’ Seasonal Produce, check out the links below to my blog posts about them, then you will never have to wonder if you picked the right veggies for the week’s cooking .
Here goes …….