One of the simplest & easy DIY scrubs you can make this summer is the Cucumber Mint sugar scrub.It helps maintain your skin soft, smooth & healthy in spite of the time spent outdoors on the beach & sand, by exfoliating dead cells and brightening dull skin. Try it out for yourself, you will love it !
If you want to feel like you spent the afternoon rejuvenating and relaxing at a spa, instead of out in the beach with the sand and the sea, opt in to DIY sugar scrubs, like this one, the Cucumber Mint Sugar scrub.
When you love the outdoors in summer, yet want to protect your skin from the harsh elements of nature, what do you do ? Sugar scrubs to the rescue!
They are easy to make , economical & what’s more you know the ingredients that went into making it.No harsh chemicals, no hidden preservatives, just 100% homemade with natural ingredients found in your garden & pantry.
Baby soft skin is just not for the face, but for the entire body, hence sugar scrubs are also called body scrubs. Why sugar not salt you may wonder, since they both exfoliate dry and dead skin.Along with the glycolic acid found in natural sugars, the minerals found in the sugar can protect our skin by keeping toxins out.
Sugar scrubs help remove dead skin from our face and lips when used on the face, while on our body, they help restore and refresh tired clogged pores.They help keep our skin beautifully hydrated by preserving its moisture and acting as a natural humectant.
How to apply sugar scrubs on the face ?
- Do not apply pressure
- Rub with your hands in small gentle circles
- Allow the sugar to do its job without forcing it.
- There is no need to let it dissolve either.
- Just rub it on and off, and you are done.
Why sugar not salt for a scrub ?
- Salt is more abrasive than sugar that contains smaller granules.
- Sensitive skin might react badly to abrasive salt scrubs.
- Salt dissolves slower , hence unfit for delicate soft skin.
When to use a sugar scrub ?
- A weekly use would ensure maintain soft, smooth skin.
- Prior to shaving your legs.
- To prevent growth of ingrown hair.
- Before a spray tan.
How to preserve them for longer period ? ( especially when they are fruit or veggie based )
- Refrigerate them, they might solidify a little, yet they will be good to use.
- Use clean dry spoon, when needing more, to keep it bacteria free.
- Preserving them in airtight containers, allows use for a month or two.
Benefits of using sugar scrubs :
- Inexpensive way to pamper yourself at home.
- Promotes healthy, smooth & flawless skin.
- Helps brighten tired looking skin.
- Fight skin aging naturally.
- Make great gifts for friends & can also be given as party favors.
Looking for sugar scrubs for colder weather? Get your recipe here!
The Bottom Line
Keep your skin baby soft all through the year.Try my easy and economical, healthy homemade sugar scrubs without any chemicals, be it during warmer weather or in winter. Get into the habit of self care a little at a time.You are going to thank me later!