Bombay Carrot Salad is a vegan salad, that is healthy and can be prepared in minutes.Made with grated carrots and a sprinkling of raisins and roasted cashew nuts, tossed in with a fragrantly spiced Indian dressing.
What is a salad?
A salad is a dish consisting of mixed pieces of food, sometimes with at least one raw ingredient. It is often dressed, and is typically served at room temperature or chilled, though some can be served warm.
Looking for healthy and delicious salad recipes? Click here to learn more!
What are the different categories of salads?
There are basically 5 categories of salads :
- Green salads/Garden salads use a base of leafy greens such as lettuce, arugula/rocket, kale or spinach
- Vegetable salads/Greek salads
- Salads of pasta, legumes or grains
- Mixed Salads, incorporating meat, poultry or seafood
- Fruit salads
What is a salad dressing?
When do you serve salads?
Salads may be served at any point during a meal:
- Appetizer salads—light, smaller-portion salads served as the first course of the meal.
- Side salads—to accompany the main course as a side dish, examples include potato salad and Caesar salad.
- Main course salads—usually containing a portion of a high-protein foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, legumes, or cheese.
- Dessert salads—sweet versions containing fruit, gelatin, sweeteners or whipped cream.
Bombay Carrot Salad Recipe
- Amount Per ServingCalories914
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 69g 107%
- Saturated Fat 10g 50%
- Sodium 26mg 2%
- Potassium 709mg 21%
- Total Carbohydrate 78g 26%
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 37g
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
Essential Kitchen Tools for making the best Salad
While you are busy trying out new salad recipes in your kitchen this season, don’t forget to check out our blogpost on Essential Kitchen Tools for making the best salads.We have an amazing collection of kitchen tools for you to shop from, in our blogpost, that will make life easy for you, save time and help maintain a mess free kitchen.
Read all about it here or by clicking the image below.
Links to other carrot recipes
- Carrots : How to choose, store and prepare?
- Carrot Soup
- Carrot Poriyal/Stir Fry
- Carrot Paniyaram
- Carrot Chutney
- Bombay Carrot salad
- Vegetable soup
The Bottom Line
There’s nothing like a fresh salad to start a meal or for a lighter bite.
A beautifully presented salad as a starter or main meal can be a great way to impress your guests without requiring too much time in the kitchen.