When the weather cools down, there’s nothing better than whipping up a big batch of warming, hearty soups and stews—and you only need a few of our best kitchen tools for making soups.
For someone who enjoys slow cooking the traditional way in a slow cooker, to the one who loves stirring their soup in a dutch oven, we have a whole range of choices.Be it a soup pots or stock pots, you can find them all in our collection below.
Are you someone who wants your soup done fast, yet loves it creamy and smooth,the immersion blender will do just that for you.
Check our list of best kitchen tools for making soup below and update your kitchen collection on soup-ware today!
Want to learn how to make soup like a pro?
Get our Ultimate soup Guide for FREE when you sign up below.
Best Kitchen Tools For Making Soup
Here is our list of best kitchen tools used in making soup. Read on….
Aids in make soups, stews, chilis, and more.
This Instant Pot Aura Pro Multi-Use Programmable Slow Cooker, helps customize the cooking time and temperature to achieve your preferred cooking results.
While shopping, look for
- stainless steel, non stick, removable cooking pot.
- look for multi use programmable like sear/sauté, bake, slow cook, steam, stew, sous vide, roast, yogurt, rice, multigrain etc
- with delay start program which allows you to postpone the cooking start time to have dinner ready when you are.
- Dishwasher safe
Perfect for simmering your made from scratch stock
This stock post from All Clad is a great option.
Look for a stock pot with
- Features a wide base for sauteing before adding liquids, and tall sides with lid to reduce evaporation and retain a light consistency – highly versatile with any liquid-related cooking
- Classic tri-ply construction, made with a responsive aluminum core bonded together with 2 layers of durable, stainless steel all the way around for maximum durability and fast, even heat distribution
- Secured with riveted stainless-steel handles to ensure a safe grip and to add a bit of style with stainless-steel lid to match
- Compatible with all cooktops including induction, and oven and broiler-safe up to 600°F
Aids in making every meal a memory
This 3.5 Qt Lodge Enameled Dutch Oven is perfect for making soups and stews, although you can also use it for braises, frying, and even making bread.
When shopping look for
- heavy, well sealing cover.
- one that can retain heat well
Aids in making soups and stews
Looking for something smaller than a Dutch Oven, then go for a Soup pot.
This Soup Pot from Le Creuset is an excellent choice.
While shopping look for
- has even distribution and retention of heat
- has a secure lid that locks in heat and moisture while cooking
- that is oven safe
- dishwasher safe
Aids in food preparation , making it easier and safer
This set of 3 cutting board made from Bamboo is light, easy to carry and makes for effortless cleaning.
Common options for cutting board material are wood, plastic, granite, and bamboo.
There are many benefits to using wood as a cutting board surface .
- They are naturally strong and hard-wearing.
- Some wooden boards even exhibit self-healing properties against constant knife cutting.
Helps you chop and mince like a pro in your kitchen!
This one from WÜSTHOF meets all the needs of a Chef’s knife.
- Most after soup making tool in the kitchen and the perfect kitchen workhorse.
- Great for your soup preparation needs
- Makes for easy gathering and transferring of chopped fruits, veggies or meat
While shopping look for
- an 8-inch high-carbon stainless steel blade
- A good blade will be thin and gently curve to a tapered point.
- The curved edge will help you use the rocking motion used by chef’s when they mince and chop. And its tapered point is useful for piercing squash and other foods with thick skin
- handles that you feel comfortable grasping
Fine Mesh Strainer
Helps you in extracting the best part of the stock easily
This fine mesh strainer is a good choice.
A good strainer will
- will not only help you rinse you fruits and veggies clean
- Will also allow you to easily extract the best part of your flavorful stock.
Look for a strainer that is
- dishwasher safe
- heavy gauge
- stainless steel fine mesh strainer
- has a resting loop, that helps prevent slipping into your container
- maintains its shape even after regular use
Makes it easy to make Puréed soups
This Utalent Immersion blender is a perfect choice.
- helps blend or puree soup in the same container, unlike while using a countertop blender where you might need to process soup content in batches.
- makes clean up faster and easier
Helps you serve your soup with style
This stainless steel ladle from OXO with soft comfortable nonslip grip is a wise choice.
While shopping, look for
- look for a ladle that is large, long-handled serving spoon with a cup-shaped bowl.
- a dual spout make serving easy for right-and left-handed users.
- a handle that is 10-12 inches in length is typically a good choice, since if it short it slips into the pot. The handle must feel comfortable in your hands.
Helps serve soup to your guests and family
These Sweese Soup Bowls are colorful and safe to serve hot soup in.
While shopping look for
- sturdy looking and colorful bowls
- perfect size with 20oz
- easy to hold
- heavy enough to hold the heat
Aids in stirring hot soups safely
If you’re cooking in a non-stick pan or pot, wooden spoons are your best friend, since they won’t scratch off the coating.
This NAYAHOSE Wooden Spoon Set is the a good choice.
While shopping look for
- Non toxic
- Non scratch
- Eco friendly
- Easy to clean
Aids in making soups in less than 20 minutes
This Philips Soup Maker does it all!
Yes, you read that correctly—a soup maker.
It has six preset programs that allow you to make pureed soup, chunky soup, cold soup, and milk-based soup, as well as compotes and smoothies, too.
Some soups can be ready in as little as 18 minutes, so this tool works well if you’re in a pinch.
When you buy it, you will
- Make fresh soup when you want. No waiting or planning is required.
- Enjoy perfectly textured soups
- Make healthy homemade soups, choose what to add without the worries of unknown ingredients found in canned soups
Cube Freezing Tray
Aids in freezing soups for later use
Some cooks like to save stock or bouillon by freezing them in ice cube trays. This Souper cubes is a specific tray that was designed, for that very purpose.
While shopping look for
- Clear tight fitting lid maintains freshness and keeps out odors
- 100% FDA Food Grade Silicone: BPA Free – Dishwasher Safe
The Bottom Line
Look for some of our best ktichen tools for making soup and stir up some astounding soups in your kitchen.
What are your favorite kitchen tools that help you in your kitchen?
Feel free to share it with us in the Stirring My Spicy Soul Community here or on our Facebook page so we can all benefit from your input.
For more of soup recipe check out our blog post here on Fall soup collection.
You can find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
Share this post with a #stirringmyspicysoul on your social media feeds and let your friends and family know.They can always subscribe to our weekly newsletters and regular updates by signing up here or by visiting our blog
All products are valuable. I like Cutting Boards, Wooden Spoons and Fine Mesh Strainer.
Thank you. Absolute essentials when it comes to making soups!
Always love to read about kitchen gadgets and what people think of them. This was very insightful ~ thanks!
Thank you, for your kind and encouraging feedback. it means so much to me to know that my blog post helped my readers, in finding what they were looking for easily. So appreciate your sharing! Happy holiday shopping.
I have most of these things, BUT I love shopping for new kitchen gadgets.
You can certainly find that one thing you meant to buy, but had forgotten about, from my list of kitchen gadgets here, for sure 🙂 Enjoy, your holiday shopping!
Great list! Perfect for someone starting out!
Most definitely! It will not only save them dollars, my list here contains the basic essentials for one to get started, that will serve them for a long time to come.Glad you enjoyed it. Thank you, for sharing that!
These are all helpful to have in the kitchen! And I certainly love my soup.
Thank you. Soup’s on!
I love making soup! I have an immersion blender on my wish list right now!
Yay! so happy to hear that my product list helped you update your wish list for the holidays. Immersion blenders are definitely helpful, are so handy when it comes to blending large batches of soup. It can all be done in the same stock pot saving su time & clean ups.
LOVE making soup…Soup brings such comfort…the warmth, the simmering smells, the tastes…it’s simply the best cooler weather food!
Totally agree with you on that. if you enjoy soups, please consider subscribing to our blog, there are more soups simmering in our kitchen ready to be served on the blog this soup season! You are most welcome to sign up in the link below fr some deliciously warm & spicy soups this season. Here is the link : https://pages-deft-mover-7598.ck.page/4facacd918
Definitely all wonderful products every cook should have in their kitchen!
It is totally worth the time you put in to choose the best products for soup making, for your readers when we hear such encouraging words, from our readers.Thank you, so appreciate your kind words.
These are great tools. I love making fall soup and using some of these products.
Thank you. If you are looking for some delicious home made soup recipes, to cook this season, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, by clicking the link below. We will make sure you receive our weekly updates and newsletters right into your inbox, when you sign up. Here is our link, to sign up : https://pages-deft-mover-7598.ck.page/4facacd918
There’s a soup maker?!?! I usually use my instant pot on the slow cooker setting but I could see how a soup maker could be helpful. I also know the ice cube tray advice! A great way to have soup at anytime.
So glad you found my blog post interesting and learnt about some great new products you did not know of earlier.An Instant Pot is definitely handy and multifunctional, but adding a soup maker to your holiday shopping list makes it even more helpful, during the long cold winter days that are fast approaching.
I always love my slow cooker it’s a life saver especially during the winter time. We always take it with us when we go skiing with the kids. We can all have fresh hot soup after being cold outside. Great lists I still need to have a stock pot. 🤗😊
Thank you, so appreciate your sharing.Nothing like coming back home to hot food in these cold weather days.How fun that you take your slow cooker on your skiing holidays.Definitely useful ,not only does it help us with nutritious home-cooked meals when we travel, it saves us dollars in eating out at expensive restaurants and finding one in remote places when we travel, saving us much time & stress.Hope the stock pot is in your holiday shopping list this season. Here’s to holidays, good food & fun times!Enjoy!
Great recommendations! I love making soup in a crockpot- makes it really easy!
Thank you. Totally with you on that!
All great products! Love the wooden spoons.
Thank you, so appreciate your kind words. those wooden spoons are so useful in the kitchen & not just for soups, they have multifunctional uses.
I love my immersion blender and my stock pot. I need to get some new knives. I’m so excited it’s almost soup season here in So Cal!
Yay! We are in the midst of soup season already in the midwest, so here’s to more soup making with great kitchen appliances that will save us time and stress and serve us for a long time to come. So important to have a good knife/knives, the kitchen workhorse so to speak 😉 :), hope you find some good ones while shopping with our shopping guide list this season.
Yes I enjoy soup weather and it’s getting here!
Same here! Love soup weather, nothing like coming home to a hot bowl of deliciously spicy soup in this cold weather.
We love our instapot at our house!
Aren’t they really handy? One of my friends even makes yogurt at home with her instant pot.Life made simple with these essential kitchen gadgets for sure!
Perfect! We are planning on starting to make our own soups this season 🙂 Wish us luck!
Wishing you the very best in making soups in your own kitchen, this season. If you needed more inspiration and ideas, don’t hesitate to subscribe to our blog by clicking the link below. We have an awesome list of deliciously spicy soups just right for the season. Here is the link, for you to click on, ton sign up .You will receive our weekly updates and newsletters on our recipes and more right into your inbox each week.
Link : https://pages-deft-mover-7598.ck.page/4facacd918
My immersion blender is my favorite soup-making tool.
I love mine too, so easy to use when making large portions of soup. A perfect gadget, when it comes to meal planning on weekends.
All of these look super handy for the kitchen! Thank you!
Thank you, so appreciate your kind words. It is encouraging to hear from your readers, and be appreciated for the work you put in, to get the best info out there about products and kitchen gadgets. My list will help readers like you find the products they are looking for easily by just clicking the link in my collection.
Le Creuset is my favorite! I love a great Dutch oven. I use mine for all of my soups.
Thank you.Yes, they are the best and are so versatile in the way they can be used in the kitchen.