sor·bet : a dessert consisting of frozen fruit juice or flavored water and sugar.
When you have a glut of fresh summer fruit, sorbets are the answer. You don’t need a recipe — just a basic template to follow and a little creativity. Strawberry-peach sorbet? Mint-infused watermelon sorbet? Raspberry-rosé sorbet? Yes, let’s make all of these this summer.
Summer will fly before you know it and school would soon begin.My kid had his friends over this weekend so I had to think of some snacks ideas for the teens. It was the go to dessert for a hot summer day, a quick & easy one to prepare & was much appreciated.
If you want a healthy, vegan gluten free summer treat for the hot days in summer, look no further, Honeydew Sorbet is your answer.It is so easy to make and requires very few ingredients.The picture does not do justice, coz it is a little challenging to take pictures of melting food, however the taste turned out great.I was so glad I put the honeydew I bought from the store to good use this summer !
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Slice the honeydew into 1″ chunks and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Put it in the freezer for 4-6 hours until frozen.
- Once frozen, put the chunks in the blender with the lemon juice and sweetener.
- You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water to help it to start blending.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put it back into the freezer for another 30 minutes until it sets.
- Scoop & serve!
For previously published summer treats, please check the links below :